URGENT: Need Help Getting a Room in NYC
I’ve been in New York City for slightly less than three weeks now, looking for work. It’s not been going so well, but it’s been okay-ish because I at least have had a roof over my head.
However, apparently this is going to be coming to an end pretty soon, for a couple of reasons, and I’ve officially gone from stressed all the time to actively being afraid for my safety.
I can’t afford to just say “oh, I hope you’ll read this” anymore. My ass could very well be grass very soon. I need help.
I have started a ChipIn. I’ve expanded it from $600 to $1000. I know that sounds like a lot, but $1000 can get me a room in a shared apartment for two months if I use a particular lodging service. That’s all I need. I’m still applying for jobs- 10 today so far on care.com alone- as often as they come up. I obsessively check for new listings several times a day, I answer ads on Craigslist too, I am not exactly sitting on my ass and hoping the world will hand me luxury on a platter here.
If you can drop even a dollar into the ChipIn, please do it. I’m scared. I’m doing everything I can and everything is falling apart really fast and hard and I seriously don’t know what I’m going to do otherwise. Even if you can’t put anything in the ChipIn, please at least reblog this so other people can see it. I’ll update as soon as things improve, if they do.
- vitaldose reblogged this from cafemusain
- nooonotthebees reblogged this from droil
- cafemusain reblogged this from meganphntmgrl
- fallthroughthesky reblogged this from droil
- rurouniidoru reblogged this from meganphntmgrl
- mydearwattz reblogged this from jilllikesstuff
- jilllikesstuff reblogged this from angelicasylum
- forgottensadist reblogged this from angelicasylum
- angelicasylum reblogged this from droil
- wintertookhim reblogged this from ego-changed-urls and added:
- droil reblogged this from meganphntmgrl
- ego-changed-urls reblogged this from meganphntmgrl and added:
- meganphntmgrl posted this